Sunday, October 28, 2012

The Weekend

This week has been quite a busy one and very eventful.  At the beginning of the week, Michael and I were preparing for a ballroom competition that was this weekend.  I started getting terrible tooth aches which were causing me to get sick and cause a lot of pain.  Mike being the smart guy that he is, suggested that I really get it checked out.

So...to start out my week I found out that I was going to be going to an Oral Surgeon on Friday as well as getting all 4 wisdom teeth pulled. What a great start.



For the next few days, I had some antibiotics to help relieve the pain until Friday morning rolled around.  I was so bummed because I wanted to compete so badly over the weekend but was ready to be out of pain and to get the infection out.

My mom is amazing and she took care of me during the whole process.  At 6:30am Friday morning, it was time to get ready and head out to the doctor.  I am the kind of person who is a complete chicken of surgery, needles, blood etc.  And walking into the doctors made me nervous.  The nurse walked me back into the room where the procedure would be performed and all I saw were these cords/wires and monitors everywhere and now I was feeling sick.  I sit in the chair and the Surgeon walks in and is extremely friendly.  He explains to my mom and I what is going to happen exactly and what "risks" may possibly occur.  He leaves the room and it's just my mom, myself, and another girl getting me ready.  She connects me to about 3 wires and then lays me back.

I got "Laughing Gas" put on and I love how it makes you feel so relaxed...I started to get really drowsy and then I feel her wiping down my arm and I say, "That isn't a needle is it?" and she reply's  "Yes, it is." Ugh...I hate needles.  I should have realized that going under Anesthesia that of course I would need an I.V.  Well, the worst part was they couldn't find my vein and continued to poke 3 times until they found it.  I have a lovely bruise to show for it.   Well they got the I.V. in and then they started putting things in my mouth and off to sleep I went.  I woke up and don't remember a whole lot after that.  My mom said that I wouldn't stop talking but thankfully I didn't say anything ridiculous :) Anyway, we get to our house and my sister Ariel and my mom help me get inside and in bed.   For the next few days, I would continue to look like this.  


Lovely isn't it? Got a lot of movie time in and I haven't slept so much in my entire life.

Saturday morning rolls around and my mom was going to get my dad from the airport, I was sick of being in bed and wanted to come.  I was pretty perky that morning and felt great! I went with her and then on the way back home from the airport, was completely asleep.  I've been in and out all day, everyday.  We go to get my prescriptions filled and then I got to go have a fitting for my new Latin dress :)

After sleeping all afternoon from exhaustion, Mike picked me up that night to get me out of the house for a little bit, I was a complete zombie...felt bad for the guy.  Anyway he brought me flowers, a card, and nutella (which I love!) and we went to his house and did some pumpkin art.  Here is what we came up with.







Yes, we even rhinestoned a pumpkin.  We are definitely ballroom dancers.

After awhile my body was fading one again and I really needed to get back home and climb in bed.  But when we got to my house, we needed some hot chocolate.




The hot chocolate was so good! Shortly after I went right to sleep.  Great way to end the night.

It is Sunday and today I have been more exhausted then the last few days.  My mom made Sunday dinner and made it so everything was extremely soft (since chewing isn't in the picture just yet)  and it tasted so good! It was to most food I have had in the last 3 days combined.  But looking forward to seeing how I will feel tomorrow jumping straight back into school, going to work, and slowly going back to dancing.

Hope everybody has a great weekend!!

-Naturally Blue 

No comments:

Post a Comment