Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fall Break - Day 1

It is finally fall break for UVU! This weekend has been far delayed...really though. 

I unfortunately had to work this morning, which isn't a bad thing except in the sense that I wasn't able to sleep in.  Oh well! Might I add, I love the people I work with and my boss Mandy is amazing!  So fun to work there and I love almost everything about my job.  Anyway, after work, Mike picked up and I really wanted to have a relaxing afternoon, and he gave me exactly that.  We went and bought some groceries to make ourselves delicious food. 
Mike made these little beauties all on his own! (Pig in a Blanket)

Ingredients: 

1 package Lil Smokey Beef Sausages
2 containers Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls
1 stick butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup brown sugar

Directions:

In a sauce pan, melt butter. Then add brown sugar, pecans.
Once melted and blended together, pour into a 9 x 12 baking dish.
Roll out each crescent roll and cut in half.
Roll each sausage into crescent roll starting at the wide end of the roll.
Place all rolled sausages neatly into 9 x 12 baking dish.
Bake @ 350 for 20-25 min until golden brown.

(Stole your directions Mike)

They were so delicious! I made some chicken as well.  It was so tender and delicious, but I'm thinking adding more flavors to it next time.  We used lemon juice and some seasoning with Salt and Pepper of course.  

Mike also bought a Russian Peach and Apple juice drink, I am obsessed...literally.  We decided to have it outside.  It was a beautiful day outside today here in Utah.  I tried to do a trick that my dog does that I love and is hilarious with Mike's dog Cocoa.  Don't worry she is learning. ;)


All of the food was so good!! After, it was time for some White Collar and some couch time.  It was just what I needed.  Perfect.

I went home earlier tonight to be with my family, but come to find out when I get home, nobody was there haha So I decided to cook (again) :)  This time I wanted to make a treat for them.


 Ingredients

1 1/4 Cups unbleached all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
3/4 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (4 ounces), chopped into chip size chunks
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups (packed) dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 7ounce jars marshmallow creme

Chocolate Dipping Sauce

1/2 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (2 1/2 ounces) chopped
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 cup heavy cream

Directions:
   
    Cookies - 
1. Arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 350 degrees. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.  Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.  Combine oats and chocolate in a large bowl. 
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in another large bowl, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl, until smooth, about 2 minutes.  Add egg and vanilla and beat to blend.  Scrape down sides of bowl.  With machine running at a low speed, gradually add flour mixture; beat just to blend.  Stir in oat mixture with wooden spoon.
3. Using a 1-oz ice cream scoop, scoop out 2 level tablespoonfuls of dough, measure dough into 36 portions.  Divide among baking sheets.  Using your hands, gently press down on each dough ball until 1/2" thick.
4. Bake cookies for 12 minutes. Rotate sheets front and back and top to bottom; continue baking until cookies are golden brown and edges have begun to set but centers are still soft (cookies will appear underdone and shiny in centers), 7-8 minutes longer.  Do not overbake.  Let cookies cool on baking sheets. 
5. Spread 1 tbsp. marshmallow creme on bottom of 18 cookies.  Sandwich with remaining cookies.
  
    Chocolate Dipping Sauce
Place chocolate and honey in a medium bowl.  Bring cream just to a boil in a small saucepan.  Pour over chocolate and honey; let stand for 1 minute; stir until melted and smooth.  Drizzle over cookies or serve alongside sandwich cookies for dipping.   


So far, I have heard they were yummy.  Try it out!

Hope everybody is having a good start to their break!

-Naturally Blue 

No comments:

Post a Comment