Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dance Weekend

What a weekend! It was so busy and lots of fun as well!! Friday night, all of us members of the tour team had to get our costumes ready for our first show as a team together for the Scholarship Ball at Utah Valley University.  The girls had an assignment to sew our West Coast swing fringe tops and give them a little sparkle and to have it finished before we had to be at the UCCU center the following day.

Anyway, Saturday morning at 6:00am rolls around, time to wake up.  We helped volunteer at the Family Fun Fair that was held at UVU. It is getting colder here in Utah since Fall has finally approached and so I was in need of a Hot Chocolate run before I got to UVU, good thing because it was FREEZING. Paul, Mike, and more members on our team Lance and Andy, and myself were all there at 7:30am to help set up, we had a good time! Got to blast music and the boys all ate breakfast, which in my opinion looked disgusting...my question is, who and why would someone put ice cream on pancakes? Sick...

Anyway, after setting up was all done, I needed to hurry home to get the lawn mowed and start sewing.  I love my mom, when I am complaining about how my finger tips are hurting from shoving the needle back and forth for about 4 hrs might I add, my mom says, "It's good for you!" She is most definitely right, I need to start doing the basics like cooking and sewing A LOT more.  Cleaning and such, I don't mind doing at all, now I need to get around the whole spectrum.  But anyway after 4 hours of sewing I had to jump in the shower, tan, slick my hair, and lacquer on the  make-up.  note it was 3:00pm at this point and I only had until 5.  That sounds like a lot of time...not even. But needless to say, I did it!

My sweet dad dropped me off at UVU and then we all met as a team.  Paul let us know what exactly the plan was and got in focus mode.  We started with foxtrot, which here is a glimpse of what the dance/costumes look like.
We all got dressed and were about to go on stage.  When we went on stage, the crowd was cheering.  One not so good thing was we were being filmed and didn't know it.  Kinda distracting when there is a giant TV projector right in front of your face and you can see your self blown up and your thoughts are, "Hey! That's me!" not a good idea to do that when you are performing.  The number was great though! Paul said it looked great as well!

After we were getting into our next costumes, we had a special delivery in the girls dressing room.  Dinner! The whole team came into our dressing room and we ate dinner together.  After we ate, Paul gathered us up as a group and let us know how proud of us he was, and that he was proud of our hard work in just these 3 weeks we have been doing team.  Such a good experience.  Then he wanted us to get our first photo as a brand new team and what Paul called, "The start of a new beginning." Turned out pretty good for being in a locker room.
The last number went so well! We love being a team and we are all growing closer every single day.  After the performing we all got into our formals, yes formals.  So fun! We talked to all the donors and we all got to dance with them.  Such a good experience.  First successful show down, a great year ahead.

Have a great week!

-Naturally Blue 

No comments:

Post a Comment