Thursday, June 21, 2012

As of Lately

It is almost the end of June.  July heat in Utah Valley is really setting in, and here is to embracing it! This past weekend, Michael and I went out to have a little fun and we started out dining in an amazing restaurant that we got to get dressed up a little bit and I expanded my pallet a little bit.

                             


Our menu:

 STARTERS:
  
SEARED SCALLOPS
Fresh Maine “DIVER” Scallops, dusted with Chipotle and pan seared,
served with a chunky fresh tomato cream sauce.  (DELICIOUS!)


 AUSTRALIAN LAMB
Pan seared Morgan Valley lamb tenderloin, dusted with fresh rosemary & black pepper, served with a whole grain mustard Demi-glace, blueberry reduction & a Parmesan and parsley risotto cake.
(Incredibly good, but next time I have lamb, I'll be eating medium instead of medium rare.)

                              

  We were seated outside on the patio and it was so beautiful! It had twinkle lights surrounding the area and candles were lit everywhere.  It was a great night to have incredible service and great conversation.  If you have never been here, I HIGHLY recommend it.

 The next day proceed in us headed up to Park City for the day.  I am the kind of person who can't last long shopping...at all.  We headed to the Park City Tanger Outlets.

Huge women race for running.  So many vehicles were decked out like this and it was incredible!



J Crew. Need I say more?

Working on the tan?








Sorry Mike...couldn't help it!


Sports Jacket model.

 
We managed to spend between 6/7 hrs shopping and I didn't completely die! We did one of my families traditions if you are shopping, you get pretzels. Soo good!

Before we left the outlet mall, we saw this insanely large, Red, Shopping Moose. Yes, I made him do this.


He thought it was a good idea to jump on the moose and it was wobbling underneath him... Bad idea. 


After awhile, the hunger was setting in and I needed food a.s.a.p. I had never been to The Training Table before and as mike said, "It's a Utah Original!" So naturally we went and proceeded to eat things that were of course not good for us and we even split the meal.  Lots of milk products, bad on my end but it was SO WORTH IT!

He seems a bit overwhelmed right? It's fake :)

Cheesy fries, that gave me a bad stomach ache after but I loved them way too much. 

         Such a great weekend and so enjoyable to get out and do something fun all weekend long!

No comments:

Post a Comment