Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Weekend

Memorial weekend was a fantastic one.

  Saturday was a busy day, had work and then my family and I headed over to Liesl and Justin's house for dinner.  She made Chicken Cordon Bleu and wow...it was amazing! It was fun to catch up with them and watch Matilda which we haven't seen since we were kids.

Liesl and my mom made a flower arrangement to put on my Grandparents grave.  We had some issues taking it back to our house in our car from their apartment because of how incredibly large it was, so then we used my idea: Let's take some of the flowers out.
                                           Genius idea.

My family decided to go put flowers on the grave a day before Memorial Day so that we could be in a less crowded environment.  So off to Morgan we went.
 My cute sister Bean sleeping on our ride up

My sweet Grandparents: Ty and Marion. 

They were so much a part of our childhood that we miss them more than anything. 



The scenery in Morgan in unlike anywhere.  We were up here every weekend as kids and grew to love all of the open space and how you could see acres and acres of field with horses every direction you took.  Our Grandparents taught us to appreciate it as well and that simple things in life are the most beautiful things.  


As for the actual MEMORIAL DAY, it was a great day spent with my family and also the McShinsky family filled with a BBQ, games, talking, playing with fire, and watching my very first episode of white collar.  

 Mike's adorable niece Daphne

Champs final game

James spontaneously lighting his hand on fire.


Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment